I have been QUITE overwhelmed the past 2 weeks because of finals, but after seeing my looks all come together, it was all worth it in the end.
My two final looks:
Sleeveless dress shirt with a collar and pockets that overlay it, pleats in the back, and binding on the sleeves.
Vest with the accented neon tweed, a trim of white piping and a box pleat as a design choice in the back.
I think I had the hardest time with the lining of the vest, and figuring out how to place it correctly without getting it tangled. Besides that, I did not have trouble with anything else, just the amount of time I had to spend on the looks were.. mm quite deadly.
Final Look 1: In Process
I fell in love with this neon ribboned fabric I found at Paron and decided to create a vest. The ivory color is a 100% wool crepe and there is white piping along the seams to create a subtle contrast/statement in the vest. At first I was questioning the combinations of these 2 fabrics with the trim of a white piping, but now that I see it almost done I really am satisfied with the way it looks. This vest would definitely go into a spring collection because of the use of colors.
Week 12: Jacket Project Finished
My cocaine inspired jacket is finally finished. This classic jacket has a thin lapel, manipulated collar, welt pockets, sleeves with vent, and a lining to contrast the color. I will finally give this to my mother this weekend! YAY. Now onto the next assignment, which is finishing 2 more garments along with the jacket for our final look, which is due in less than 3 weeks.
Process: Jacket Continued
Attached the under collar to the body and one sleeve with a vent opening.
Week 10: Project 2, Surface Designs
Process of my Crack Inspired Jacket + Knit.
This is a scarf I have been working on this past week for a friend which I am hoping to finish by the end of this weekend.
This is the process of my crack inspired jacket, which I will give to my mother once it is finished. As soon as I saw this fabric at Paron on 40th street bw 7th and 8th avenue, I was in love with it and had to buy it immediately. The whiteness of the fabric with the subtle black reminded me of my crack inspired concept project. The jacket is supposed to be very basic and minimal because the fabric itself, is already unique. I did not know there were so many steps to putting together just the body of the jacket. More pictures of my process to come later this week.
Motifs: Clementines + Photographs
Using photoshop, I created prints of oranges and photographs. These prints have gone through multiple phases of the manipulation of colors, and repetition of patterns. First, I deleted the background color and started to play around with the tools in photoshop. For example, in the filters tab -> artistic -> brush strokes, smudge tools and etc. After settling with one, I highlighted the area and defined the pattern. After defining the pattern, I ‘filled’ the entire page with the pattern I created, which resulted in the repetition shown in my prints. Then, I played around with the background colors and the color balance.
I have to say my favorite is the first photographic print, although I won’t be able to use it as my final piece. The final piece can only have 3 - 5 colors.
My works from drawing class converted digitally.
These are 7 minute collages from drawing class. With the model standing in front of us for 7 minutes, we had to cut and paste the silhouettes onto newsprint. I added a touch of pop-out colors for the backgrounds so the figures stand out.
These are my drawing class home works that took literally 20 minutes. We were assigned to choose a figure from a magazine and illustrate it in our style of choice. The idea was the work quickly and fast. Nothing rendered perfectly.
Using photoshop and illustrator, I came up with color swatches taken from the journal pages, hence the neutral and dark colors. First, I played around with the different colored stripes, than creating a plaid version of each. The last 2 examples have a textural feel to them because I added the two textures I found. Then, I incorporated the pattern twill to give it a 2D effect.